April 20, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (4/20)

Hey!

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.
*Thanks Bewitched Bookworms for the lovely button!;)
 So here's what I'm waiting on this week:

-July 26th 2011 by Kensington Publishing Corporation-

Blurb: (Goodreads)
My name is Gwen Frost, and I go to Mythos Academy — a school of myths, magic and warrior whiz kids, where even the lowliest geek knows how to chop off somebody’s head with a sword and Logan Quinn, the hottest Spartan guy in school, also happens to be the deadliest.
But lately, things have been weird, even for Mythos. First, mean girl Jas­mine Ashton was murdered in the Library of Antiquities. Then, someone stole the Bowl of Tears, a magical artifact that can be used to bring about the second Chaos War. You know, death, destruction and lots of other bad, bad things. Freaky stuff like this goes on all the time at Mythos, but I’m determined to find out who killed Jasmine and why – especially since I should have been the one who died...

I haven't read anything by this author yet, but I'm planning to do it soon. Anyway, this books sounds amazing - I love books with schools for special kids and magic!<3
Here's an excerpt of the book.

And this is the old version of the cover. Somehow I liked it better - then again, I'm not a big fan of covers with models' faces on them. But just as Jennifer said, I guess the new cover suits better the genre and the feeling of the book. Gwen seems pretty fierce!:)


What are you waiting on this week?:)

P.S. Remember my last week's WoW post? I gave in and started reading the E-ARC of Starcrossed and I LOVE it!<3

xoxo
 Deea

7 comments:

  1. Sounds fun! Also a bit Harry Potter-esque xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun read.

    What about the book you are currently reading? That cover looks interesting!

    Wonderful pick that is bound to be full of wonderful words. Stop by to see what I am waiting for! http://ikissbooks.blogspot.com/2011/04/wow-goddess-test.html

    Black Disaster Fairy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was my WOW pick a few weeks ago. I love Jennifer Estep's books and I can't wait to read her YA series.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/04/waiting-on-wednesday-15.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heard of this one, haven't decided if I want to read it or not. Might wait for reviews. Although I do like the new cover a little better. It's darker and has more of an edge!

    Here's my WoW

    Old Follower
    Jessica@a GREAT read

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Samita yup, it made me think of harry Potter too!:D

    @Black Disaster Fairy - which one?:)) I'm currently reading Cameo, the assassin, which is good, but a little out of my comfy zone - it's darker and a bit gothic or something. But Starcrossed is AMAZING!

    @Sally I keep hearing she's a great author, I want to read her Elemental Assassin series next.:D

    @Jessica I think it sounds interesting - and yes, the second cover it's darker and edgy. Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I have never heard of this book. It looks really good. I am going to have to keep a look for it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This book looks really good! Love the cover. I'm going to have to keep an eye out for it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments! ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...