September 25, 2011

In My Mailbox #9

Hi!



In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi @ The Story Siren and inspired by Alea @ Pop Culture Junkie, where we share the books we got in the mail the previous week.

Wow! I haven't done an IMM post in a very long time, so I got a lot of books to talk about. I'll break my IMM haul into a few posts, since I tend to ramble about the books I got a bit too much and I don't want to make this post too long. (*considers switching to IMM vlogs*)
I already read almost all these books, but I needed to mention them because they were super awesome. Basically, they made my summer. :)

Sorry for the quality of the pic, my camera broke and I had to take it with my phone
I know this book got its share of bad reviews, but I actually liked it. A lot. It's really dark and different from the other YA books coming out lately. It grabbed me from the very first page and I couldn't put it down until I was finished with it. Also, the cover is very pretty in person, it's all sparkly and velvety and pet-able. (is that a word?:P)
I was a bit nervous about this one, but I loved it! It's unique and yet it has the unmistakable, super awesome Richelle Mead style. The story is interesting, Sydney has a lot of potential and Adrian is... well, Adrian. It felt so good to see him in all his glory!:))
Guys, this book was sooo good! I don't particularly enjoy writing reviews, but this one deserves a 5 stars review, it was that good! It has mystery, magic, blood and a lot of kissing. And very beautiful, lyrical writing. The entire story was amazing, very original! So yeah, it's really great; one of my favorite debut novels of this year so far. Oh, and the cover? GORGEOUS!
(I got the Romanian version of this one)
I have yet to read this series, but I'll just wait for the other books to come out first. Thanks Christina!
One of my current book obsessions. No need to ramble about it now, you can read my special review HERE.

 
I got the audiobooks and they were the best audiobooks I ever listened to! Impressive! Hardbacks should be on their way too (they were very hard to find even to order online and they probably come from a warehouse on Mars, because it's taking them forever to get here.)
Anyway, the point is that I got the Fever and for one week I couldn't do anything. I just listened and read and then listened to it some more. When the male narrator showed up in book #4 for Barrons voice, I was so shocked, that I got all mushy and I almost fall off my chair. I am so obsessed with this series now, that I don't trust myself to write about it on the blog. I don't trust myself to be coherent when it comes to Jerrico Barrons. Not to mention to write a review or something, I will so not make it any justice. Unless I write about it for days. Because this is the best series EVER! And it changed everything for me now (lit speaking). (Thanks Chelsea @ Vampire Book Club and Danny @ Bewitched Bookworms for opening my eyes about it and for putting it on the top of my To-Read list. AND thank you Cristina for making me drop everything and read it just then and there. *smooches*) After I finished it, I was like "Twilight who?" Enough said. 

Ok, Phew! Now that I got that off my chest, I should mention a few other audibooks I got in the meantime:
Thanks Andye @ Reading Teen for the rec, it was really good! (4 stars good)

I skipped a few Dark-Hunter books because I'm not a big fan of the series, but this one was SO GOOD! Good, as in top-3-favorites-of-all-time good. And the narrator? One of the best out there, he did an amazing job. So incredibly talented! (I'm rambling about it and giving away a copy of it here.) Thanks Julia for making me read it!:D (she kind of drove me crazy about it)
I really enjoyed them. I liked that each book has different main characters and also different narrator voices. I would probably have enjoyed them even more a few years ago, when I was vamp crazed. :))

I love this series, it was a very nice surprise. It's so very complex, it has a bit of everything. Including Vlad Tepes and it's always a delight to read about him in fiction.:)) Now I really need Twisted Intertwined #3), but it's not available for my country on audible.com yet, grr! 


As I mentioned, these books - especially the audiobooks - made my summer. (well, the last part of it anyway). That being said, I'll stop rambling now and let the rest of the books I got for the following posts. Btw, I'm getting better at keeping up with my old TBR pile and new releases as well!:D

What did you get in your mailbox?
xoxo
 Deea's Signature

8 comments:

  1. The Romanian version of Shiver looks really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of great books here! The Fever series, OMG! I also love Showalter's Intertwined series. I have Bloodlines but haven't read it yet.

    My IMM: http://bit.ly/rnXZn9

    I missed a few IMMs too so my list isn't normal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been really looking forward to reading Maggie Stiefvater , as soon as I have the chance. I've heard nothing but great things about them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did really well! LOVE the Fever series and Gena's YA one! OMG Twisted killed me! The wait for the next one is already agonizing!!! Enjoy all your fabulous reads!

    Here's my IMM

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @TheReadingOwl- Yup, the Romanian version of Shiver is very pretty. It's shiny and the hardback has the same design as the paper cover.:D Love the blue!

    @A Tale of Many Reviews- Lots of great books indeed! Fever series FTW!:D Hope you enjoy Bloodlines!

    @Shoshanah- I've heard only good things about this series too. Can't wait to see what's all that about!:)

    @Jess Thanks!
    OMG, are you serious about Twisted?*bites nails* I'm dying to read it! Maybe I should wait until the next one is out? Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. Awesome haul there! I LOVED the Fever series. You Must read it asap!!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads
    Wanna snag some ARCs? Check out my giveaways. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh good choice ! I really love First Grave on the Right by Darynda Jones, I'm curently reading the sequel. The fever series is also one of my favorite !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what a great IMM this week! Lots of them are on my TBR list! I hope you enjoy them all! New Follower :)

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments! ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...