November 20, 2011

Romanian Bookish Love #6

Hey guys!

Sorry for the radio silence, but I've had a crazy, eventful week and I didn't have the time or the means to blog or to stay online. :( I did manage to read a couple of books though, I'll post my reviews next week.

Aaanyway... Since our Romanian publishers are constantly surprising us with their upcoming fabulous titles, I figured I'd spread the word and share the love!

So here's a new release I'm very excited about:

Starcrossed (Starcrossed #1) by Josephine Angelini
Published May 31st 2011
by HarperTeen in the US

How do you defy destiny?

Helen Hamilton has spent her entire sixteen years trying to hide how different she is—no easy task on an island as small and sheltered as Nantucket. And it's getting harder. Nightmares of a desperate desert journey have Helen waking parched, only to find her sheets damaged by dirt and dust. At school she's haunted by hallucinations of three women weeping tears of blood . . . and when Helen first crosses paths with Lucas Delos, she has no way of knowing they're destined to play the leading roles in a tragedy the Fates insist on repeating throughout history.

As Helen unlocks the secrets of her ancestry, she realizes that some myths are more than just legend. But even demigod powers might not be enough to defy the forces that are both drawing her and Lucas together—and trying to tear them apart.

Starcrossed is one of my favorite debut novels of 2011 and I'm sooo happy it's released in my country as well! (I read it for DAC2011.) Though I haven't written a full review of it (yet!), I've been raving about it everywhere with any chance I got: on Facebook, Twitter, blogs, real life friends etc. I know that people have been complaining about the similarities with Twilight and whatnot, but nothing of that bothered me: on the contrary, I saw it as an upgrade. Sometimes I actually got myself thinking "Ha! This is how things should have be done/said in Twilight!". *hides*  The writing is beautiful and compelling, the story original, the pace flows, the action rocks and the cast of characters is awesomesauce! Not to mention the dynamic between Lucas and Helen! *melts* 


So, my point is: if you haven't already read it, give it a shot! If you live in Romania, it just came out last week, pick it up, you will not be disappointed! 

*** You can order it online on Rao Books' website HERE

And last but not least, what do you think about our cover? :D

xoxo
Deea

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments! ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...