December 4, 2011

In My Mailbox #11: The 'There's No Such Thing As Too Many Books' Edition

Hey!


In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi @ The Story Siren and inspired by Alea @ Pop Culture Junkie, where we share the books we got in the mail the previous week(s).

I got all these books last week, so I'm on a book buying ban now (well, at least until Christmas).

Sorry about the quality of the pics, my phone is not that fancy dandy :P


From the Gaudeamus Book Fair I got: 


✓ Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices #1) by Cassandra Clare
(that would be the Romanian edition; I read the book last year and I loved it, so I needed a new hardcover copy for my collection)
✓ Matched by Ally Condie (Legaminte)
✓ Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver (O zi din sapte)

From The Book Depository:



They are GORGEOUS! And some of the best books I got this year!♥ There was a lot of squealing, jumping up and down around the room and book petting involved when they arrived :D

From the used bookstore:



✓ Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead (I already read this series, it's one of my favorites, but I needed the Romanian hardcovers for my collection... I only found 4 books though. Thanks Cristina @ Bibliophile Mystery for book #6!)
✓ The Darkest Powers Trilogy by Kelley Armstrong
(Again, just for my Romanian books collection)
✓ Dead Until Dark (Sookie Stackhouse #1) by Charlaine Harris
I got this one because I'm probably the only paranormal / supernatural books/TV shows lover who's not a fan of True Blood and hasn't read any of the books in the series. So I want to see what's all the fuss about. :D


From authors for review: 


✓ Untraceable by S.R. Johannes
✓ Brightest Kind of Darkness (Brightest Kind of Darkness #1) by P.T. Michelle
✓ Sleepers (The Swarm #1) by Megg Jensen
(this is not the final cover, but until the new one is revealed, this will do :P)
✓ Hellsbane (Hellsbane #1) by Paige Cuccaro


Thank you all!

What did you get in your mailbox?

Happy reading!
xoxo
Deea

7 comments:

  1. Good luck on the book buying ban - I'm on one at the moment and it is hard work to stick too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a fan of true blood either, and I don't much like the books either.
    You got some great books though, I loved vampire academy and the darkest powers. I getting shatter me for Xmas and so excited!

    Here's my IMM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shatter Me has been really popular with the IMM crowd this week! I got it from my library and I'm excited to read it. I think I may be the only person who doesn't like the cover though. I love the shininess of it, but the girls pose bothers me for some reason.

    I love Vampire Academy!!! I read all of them back to back this Summer.

    I started reading the Sookie Stackhouse books, and I'm up to #10 which I'll read soon. They're fun books and get more drama filled as you go. I've only seen Season 1 of True Blood.

    Angie @ Pinkindle Reads & Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, wow! I'm completely envious of your mailbox. I can't wait to tackle Hellsbane. Enjoy your new books! :)


    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool! Awesome books you got there! Read all em except Shatter Me so I guess I'll look for your review on that one!

    Totally loved the Hollows Insider! It's great fun!

    The Sookie Stackhouse books, formerly known as The Southern Vampire Mysteries, were pretty good in the beginning. There was always a mystery to be solved. But it's later on in the series when it loses that element and the name switched to Sookie Stackhouse. Hope you like them! The earlier ones are best!

    Here's my IMM

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Awesome haul! I've heard a lot about Untraceable all over the blogs this past week, too.

    I'm not a True Blood fan at all. I watched the first season and it took from the first book. If you can get to the second book AND you like it, then you'll love the rest of the series. It is really nothing like the show. It's a true UF. I'm a big fan of the books and own them all :)

    thanks for saying Hi on my IMM, btw!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow...what amazing books! I'd love to have any of them in My Mailbox!! Enjoy!

    My IMM!

    ♥ Melissa @ Melissa's Eclectic Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments! ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...