December 24, 2011

Rambling about the #HeroineTourney and whatnot

Heya!



OMG YOU GUYS! That battle yesterday in the #HeroineTourney was SO FREAKING FIERCE! And so MUCH FUN! There are so many Alex (The Covenant series by Jennifer L. Armentrout)  and Rose (Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead) fans out there, it's scary! Yes, Alex won, but it was crazy, the gaping between the votes was sooo small and constantly changing in favor of one of the heroines or the other. It was nerve wrecking, to say the least! And it was hard because most of us love both heroines; battling against people we know wasn't easy either - but it was all AWESOMESAUCE! And even though we tweeted like crazy, I say we kept things friendly. So thumbs up for both #TeamAlex and #TeamRose for that, we're both winners IMO! <3



I don't know how many of you voted, spread the word, etc etc, but THANK YOU! The support for #TeamAlex was incredible! Let's keep in mind that Rose had a few years and six books to gain our love, and Alex's journey has just started a few months ago, but she gained our love too. So, yeah... Pretty incredible!

And don't get me started on the #HalfBloodLegion - you guys are amazing! I want to have you all at my Christmas dinner!:))

And Momo - you're the best advocate ever!<3 *cheers*

So, after all this, I don't know if it has anything to do with it being Christmas Eve and the Christmas spirit, but:

  • I don't do hugs. But I would hug each and every person who's part of the #HalfBloodLegion right now. 
  • I don't do high praising and fangirling, not even for my all time favorite authors. But I'd go all fangirly on Jennifer L. Armentrout right now, because she's too awesome for words. Seriously. 
  • I don't get uber excited about novellas and book excerpts. But I stayed up until over 4AM to read a specific scene from Daemon's POV (well, to tweet too) and got all warm and fuzzy reading another specific scene from Aiden's POV. 
  • I don't let things that happen in the virtual world (so to speak) get to me IRL. But I got all excited, worked up and/or exasperated last night when the voting was constantly changing in favor of Alex/Rose.
  • I don't do rereading books (not often, anyway) but I would drop everything and re-read Half-Blood and Obsidian right now. (I almost did yesterday, anyway, when I was looking for some killer quotes).
I could go on and on forever, but bottom line, that match was quite an experience! One that reminded my why I love blogging and being part of this community so much! And I would do it all over again!<3

Now, to sum it up, here are our prizes, as JLA promised:




Shadows (Lux #0.5) cover AND blurb:
(out February 2012 just in time for my birthday woohoo!!!!)

Dawson and Daemon are identical twins & that's Dawson on the cover
The last thing Dawson Black expected was Bethany Williams. As a Luxen, an alien life form on Earth, human girls are…well, fun. But since the Luxen have to keep their true identities a secret, falling for one would be insane. Dangerous. Tempting. Undeniable.

Bethany can’t deny the immediate connection between her and Dawson. And even though boys aren’t a complication she wants, she can’t stay away from him. Still, whenever they lock eyes, she’s drawn in. Captivated. Lured. Loved.

Dawson is keeping a secret that will change her existence…and put her life in jeopardy. But even he can’t stop risking everything for one human girl. Or from a fate that is as unavoidable as love itself.
Holly smokes!!! How cool does that sound?! *faints* 
Argh, is it February yet?!

Now... Because Alex won, in the next match she'a up against Katniss. yes, that Katniss. And if we brought the big guns for the fight against Rose, we're going to need some nuclear bombs or something in this next battle. But nothing is impossible for the #HalfBloodLegion now, is it? ;)

Ok, time to wrap this up.

I hope you all have a peaceful, wonderful, full of presents Christmas Eve! I'll see you all next week with the Top 10s, featuring the best books, characters etc from 2011.

Once again, congrats Team Alex!!! *throws confetti*

Stay warm and cozy and Happy Holidays!

xoxo
Deea

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for you awesome support yesterday!! I can't believe you stayed up so late!

    #HalfBloodLegion Rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Jennifer You're so very welcome! It was all my pleasure! And I was way too excited (and nervous) to go to sleep anyway!:))

    Thank YOU for this awesome series and for the delicious excerpts!

    #HalfBloodLegion rocks indeed!<3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awh, this post rocks so hard! I love it, all of it! The whole time I was reading you, "So, after all this, I don't know if it has anything to do with it being Christmas Eve and the Christmas spirit, but:" bullets, I was nodding and agreeing with all of them, haha!

    Thanks, seriously, for all your support and tweets and EVERYTHING. I heart ya, girl! <333

    Round three, here we come!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments! ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...