August 9, 2012

Mini - Review: The Sea Breeze Series by Abbi Glines (Part 1)

Hey guys!

I took a break from my review books - it's way too hot around here and I didn't have the energy to deal with fantasy worlds, supernatural creatures and complicated plots. So I read a few super cute summer books that I have to recommend to all of you; no matter what's your favorite genre, I'm sure you'll enjoy them. ;)


The Sea Breeze by Abbi Glines is a Contemporary Romance series that give us three beautiful, refreshing love stories. Each book can be read as a standalone, but they are set in the same world, so the stories make much more sense when you get some background on the characters from the previous book.

Breathe, the first book in the series, is the story of Jax Stone, a teenage rock star, and Sadie, a teenage girl who works at his place for the summer. This is a sweet, cute, Cinderella kind of story that puts a smile on your face and makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Jax and Sadie are so adorable!

Because of Low is the story of college students Marcus and Willow (Low), whose family problems have the power to tear them apart forever, but they only make them stronger and help them build a strong, intense, beautiful love story. This book is a little more mature in content and not appropriate for very young readers. (I guess you could call it Mature Young Adult/ New Adult).

While It Lasts has even more mature content (explicit language and hot scenes.:D). This is the story of Eve, a broken hearted girl and Cage, a broken boy who need each other to heal their past wounds and to prove there's still hope for salvation and happiness. This is the most powerful, intense, heartbreaking and at the same time hot stories of them all. :D

But let me give you the deets:


Breathe (Sea Breeze #1)
by Abbi Glines
Published May 17th 2011
by Wild Child Publishing
Format: Kindle

Goodreads

Sadie White's summer job isn't going to be on the beach life-guarding or working at rental booths like most kids her age. With her single mother's increasing pregnancy and refusal to work, Sadie has to take over her mother's job as a domestic servant for one of the wealthy summer families on a nearby island.

When the family arrives at their summer getaway, Sadie is surprised to learn that the owner of the house is Jax Stone, one of the hottest teen rockers in the world. If Sadie hadn't spent her life raising her mother and taking care of the house she might have been normal enough to be excited about working for a rock star.

Even though Sadie isn't impressed by Jax's fame, he is drawn to her. Everything about Sadie fascinates Jax but he fights his attraction. Relationships never work in his world and as badly as he wants Sadie, he believes she deserves more. By the end of the summer, Jax discovers he can't breathe without Sadie

My thoughts: 
Sadie is sweet, caring, protective, extremely selfless and mature for her age. Her single mother is pregnant and not the best mom in the world, so Sadie must take care of all the responsibilities of her home. So when she realizes her new work place is the summer home of the famous Jax Stone, she is not impressed (not much, anyway). All she needs is the money this job offers, so she can take care of her mom and pay the bills. But Jax is intrigued by her personality and, of course, very attracted to her, so he wants to spend more time with her and to know her better. Because of his status, Jax doesn't have many real friends, so he gets closer to Sadie with every day and every conversation, because she seems to see the real him. Sadie can't help but be attracted to Jax, but she also realizes that there's more to him than meets the eye so she's drawn to him as well. And the more time they spend together, the stronger their feelings for each other become. But when the media finds out about their growing relationship, they don't hesitate to judge, accuse and pursue Sadie. Suddenly, her life is turned upside down, as if she doesn't have enough on her plate already. Jax is not much better either; he feels guilty for bringing all the media nastiness on her doorstep and for hurting her. But they love each other and they can't stay apart, so they fight to stay together and get the happily ever after they so deserve. 

This story was so incredibly sweet and heart warming! It was really great to see how Sadie and Jax got to know each other, how they and their relationship developed and how they got over everything and everyone that tried to stay in their way. Sadie is smart, funny, caring and can easily see that Jax has a big heart and there's more to him that a beautiful boy with a great voice. They're both kind of alone, but they complete each other on so many levels. And because Jax is a musician, he has such a way with words! OMG his lines are the best! 

Sadie's mom is whiny, irresponsible and incredibly selfish. ("Most girls my age wished their mothers would leave them alone, and I wished mine would just care."). Jax's parents aren't all that much there either, but the two teenagers have each other and the other people who work at the mansion, who are all caring and understanding and help them get over the bumps on their road. 

Memorable quotes: 

Ms. Mary spun around and pointed her spoon at me. “And that’s not right. Who takes care of you?” She waited for my answer and getting none, she nodded her head. “That’s right, no one does. You don’t know when to ask for help because you never had anyone to ask before. Well, now you do. You got a boy right there who looks like he would drink your bathwater if you ask him, and you got me, and Mr. Greg, and Marcus. Take your pick. Just stop trying to do it all alone.”

I kept reminding myself we needed the money, and I would not act like Jessica. I did not run away from life. I faced my problems and dealt with them. I could be stronger than a broken heart.

"Well, girlfriend seems to be too shallow a word for what I feel for you. These past two weeks it’s been as if you control my breathing. When I watched you with Marcus, my chest would tighten, and it became hard to breathe. But then I would see you smile or laugh, and I could take a deep breath again."

"You’re everything I write about in my songs, but can never have."

He pulled me up close to him. “You have been more than that since the night I took you home. You want to know what you are?” He took my hand and placed it over his heart. “You’re the person who owns this.”

Tears stung my eyes. “I don’t want to love you,” I forced out through the thickness in my throat.
“God, I hope you do, because you own me completely,” he whispered, and then leaned down and kissed me with such emotion the tears escaped and slid down my face.

He raised his eyebrows. “When you breathe, it gives me chills.”
I laughed and shook my head. “You are really good with words.”
He winked at me and sat back in his seat and took a drink of his Coke. “You make me feel poetic."

Ok, I'll let you catch your breath now (um, no pun intended). LOL Reviews for the other two books coming up next, so stay tunned. ;)

xoxo

3 comments:

  1. Oh gosh THANK you so much for this review!!! Just a few days ago someone recommended me While it Lasts and I got the book and then later.. realizing it's part of a series. So, thanks for pointing out that 's easier to read them in order. I'll get the first one right now..

    Also, I LOVE the NEW ADULT genre, it hits perfectly my taste!

    So thanks again :)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Danny My pleasure, I'm glad I could help. :) I decided to read all the books when I realized While it Lasts was part of a series as well, and I'm really happy I did, the stories come together perfectly! And you'll understand Cage's character much better if you read Because of Low first, where he plays an essential role.

    OMG I love this New Adult genre too! I need more books like these!<3

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Deea
    Hehe just yesterday I got a copy of Breath and started reading it :)))

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments! ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...