November 28, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #39 - The Ward by Jordana Frankel


Hi!


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly feature hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases we're eagerly anticipating.

My pick this week...


The Ward
by Jordana Frankel

Release date: April 30th 2013
by Katherine Tegen Books
Format: Hardcover, 384 pages

Goodreads:

Sixteen-year-old Ren is a daredevil mobile racer who will risk everything to survive in the Ward, what remains of a water-logged Manhattan. To save her sister, who is suffering from a deadly illness thought to be caused by years of pollution, Ren accepts a secret mission from the government: to search for a freshwater source in the Ward, with the hope of it leading to a cure.

However, she never expects that her search will lead to dangerous encounters with a passionate young scientist; a web of deceit and lies; and an earth-shattering mystery that’s lurking deep beneath the water’s rippling surface.

Jordana Frankel’s ambitious debut novel and the first in a two-book series, The Ward is arresting, cinematic, and thrilling—perfect for fans of Scott Westerfeld or Ann Aguirre.




I miss reading a great Dystopian book, I feel like I've neglected this genre in the past few months. But I spotted a few upcoming books that sound really awesome and I'm looking forward to their release.
The Ward by Jordana Frankel is one of them; it sounds kickass and original and I love action-packed books with strong heroines. The cover is gorgeous as well, so I can't wait to add it to my reading pile!


What are you waiting on this week?

2 comments:

  1. Ooh that has nice cover! Creepy, yet intriguing!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hm! I'm a little fed up with Dystopian and it has to be really awesome for me to consider picking it up!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments! ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...